Friday, August 23, 2013

Thank you Antoinette Tuff


I have never met you, and like the rest of the world, before today I didn't even know your name.  Until today.   This morning as my children were getting ready for school I listened to   THIS!!!     Then I listened to it again.  I sat there stunned at your grace, and poise.  The compassion you were displaying in the face of such abject terror.   I listened as you continued to say things like "you are not a bad person" or "I am going to walk out with you".    I asked myself later if I would have the strength and courage to face such a scenario?  I asked myself what you must have thought about when it was all over?  Your family and friends.  All those people who love you!  Sometime later I thought..  What about the children?  Will they all someday understand the enormity of your actions?  How many of those precious children did you save?



You are a HERO!  I will rest a bit easier tonight knowing your name.  Walking my son to the bus tomorrow I won't squeeze his hand quite so hard, because I know your name.   When the self doubt about sending my son off to a public school beings to rear it's ugly head, I will quiet the voice.  Because I know your name.  

Thank you Antoinette Tuff for giving us all a lesson in grace and compassion.  Thank you for your courage. And, Thank you for now I know your name!  

Sabrina.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment